This is what is taught in a lot of schools and popular media concerning the “political spectrum”
It creates fallacious paradigm of the “Left-Right” dialectic (basically, the two sides of the argument are positioned in such as way as to point to a predetermined outcome). This spectrum is designed to give students the idea that Communism and Fascism are some kind of extreme bogey-man and Socialism is the “not so bad” happy medium.
This diagram reveals the truth that it is really the spectrum of socialism. Far left results in Communism (International Socialism) and far right results in Fascism / National Socialism (NAZI).
This still occludes the true roles of Communism, Fabian Socialism, and Fascism. They are just the IDEOLOGIES by which Socialism is established.
The goal of Communism, Fabian Socialism, and Fascism is the establishment of SOCIALISM.
Communist, Fabian, and Fascist ideologies are the MEANS by which Socialism is established.
Communist ideology is a bottom-up revolution that throws out the old ruling elite and replaces them with a new group of bureaucrats who are supposed to make sure everything is distributed “fairly” and “scientifically”. The problem is, these bureaucrats will tend to treat themselves a little “more fairly” than others and they become the new ruling elite oligarchs.
Fascism is top down imposed transformation. There is a point at which mega-monopolies use the government to squash all free-market competition and ultimately merge with the state in control over all of the markets, goods, services, and property. The end result is the same ruling oligarchy you get with communism.
Fabian ideology, also known as “The Third Way”, “Communitarian”, or “Progressive”, is working within the existing system like a virus to implement socialism through incremental steps. The goal is to incrementally bring a society to a point of critical mass where it is ready for a revolution and/or transformation to a completed socialist model.
Socialism is not the means, it is the goal. The end result is always the same — SOCIALISM. THE GOAL IS ALWAYS SOCIALISM!!!!
A more accurate representation of the political spectrum.
It is not about “left” or “right”. It is about Liberty or Tyranny.
The end goal is to eliminate the middle class and have a two class system of the super wealthy who are supported by a manageable number of working class economic slaves. The oligarchs have a front man who catches all of the flak for things being bad. The general public feel they have a say in matters because they get to “throw the bum out” with an election. However, the oligarchs have already hand picked any and all of the candidates “competing” for office, so regardless of who gets in office, the status quo will be preserved.
Power is being centralized at the apex of the executive branch of the federal government.
This concentration of power makes a dictatorship inevitable.
Those who control the president, indirectly gain virtual control of the entire country.
A better way…
1. For liberty to thrive, we start with the presumption that man has a fallen, sinful nature and that man’s wisdom is fallible and incomplete.
2. Because of this fallen nature, without anything to stop it, there would be anarchy, lawlessness, and mob rule. Government is then necessary in order to preserve life, liberty, and property.
3. At the same time, while government has a necessary function, man’s fallen nature also means that any form of government where men are in leadership will have those same sinful attributes. The very nature of government means that a few men will have power over other men, and those who covet this power will be the most depraved among us.
4. So, the ideal form of government is one that is only big enough to protect the life, liberty, and property of its citizens; but, not so big that the government itself begins to violate the life, liberty, and property of the very citizens it is supposed to protect.
5. To protect this balance, there must be checks and balances, division of powers, limitations on government, and rule of law–where the law applies the same to everyone whether they are a politician, judge, entertainer, businessman, farmer, or factory worker.