Galatians 5:19-21 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
- Idolatry is a work of the flesh
- They which do such things as idolatry shall not inherit the kingdom of God ( see also 1 Cor 6:9)
Colossians 3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry
- Covetousness is a form of idolatry
1 Samuel 15:23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry
- Stubbornness is as idolatry
Acts 17:16 Now while Paul waited for them at Athens, his spirit was stirred in him, when he saw the city wholly given to idolatry
- A city can be wholly given to idolatry
Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
- Idolaters will have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone; which is the second death (See also Rev 22:15)
1 Corinthians 10:14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.
- We should flee from idolatry (see also 1 Cor 10:7)
1 Corinthians 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat
- Do not fellowship with a pretend Christian who is an idolator
1 Corinthians 8:10 For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol’s temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols
- Avoid meats offered to idols for the sake of those who might interpret it as “being ok” to partake in offerings to idols