Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.John 14:1
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.John 14:27
- Let not your heart be troubled:
Jesus has made it possible that we can keep our heart from being troubled. Chapter 14 of John tells us how to keep our heart from being troubled.
- ye believe in God,
Believing in God keeps our heart from being troubled
- believe also in me
Believing in Jesus keeps our heart from being troubled
- In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you
Knowing that God has a mansion for us keeps our heart from being troubled
- I go to prepare a place for you
Knowing that Jesus has prepared a place for us keeps our heart from being troubled
- And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again
Knowing that Jesus will return keeps our heart from being troubled
- and receive you unto myself
Knowing that Jesus will receive us unto Himself keeps our heart from being troubled
- that where I am, there ye may be also
Knowing that where Jesus is, we will be also keeps our heart from being troubled
- And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
Knowing where Jesus is, at the right hand of the Father in heaven (Lk 22:69), and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6) keeps our heart from being troubled.
- Jesus saith unto him, I am the way,
Knowing that Jesus is the way, and that we are no longer lost and gone astray keeps our heart from being troubled
- the truth,
Knowing that Jesus is the truth in a world full of lies keeps our heart from being troubled
- and the life:
Knowing that Jesus is the life, and we have eternal life as we abide in Him keeps our heart from being troubled
- no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Knowing that Jesus is the way to the Father and we are no longer separated from God keeps our heart from being troubled
- If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works’ sake.
Jesus has show us God’s heart, His character and nature and that He loves us as a parent loves a child. Understanding God loves us keeps our heart from being troubled.
- Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
- And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
- If ye love me, keep my commandments.
- And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
- Even the Spirit of truth;
- whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him;
- for he dwelleth with you,
- and shall be in you.
- I will not leave you comfortless:
- I will come to you.
- Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me:
- because I live
- ye shall live also.
- At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
- He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him,
- and will manifest myself to him. Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world? Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
- He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which sent me. These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
- But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name,
- he shall teach you all things,
- and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
- Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.
He keeps us in perfect peace when we keep our minds stayed on Him (Isa 26:3). Jesus is our peace. Lasting peace cannot be found in the world and earthly riches.
- Let not your heart be troubled,
We control what trouble we let into our heart. We can keep our heart from being troubled.
- neither let it be afraid.
- Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
- And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.
- Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.
- But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do.
- Arise, let us go hence.